Alexa's Earth

A FOOD & FITNESS BLOG BY ALEXA

Jul 12, 2016

BLOATING - 5 TIPS



I used to be bloated all the time. When I don't follow the following steps, I still get bloated. So here are my top 5 tips for getting rid of bloating. 

Slow down. 

One of the main reasons for indigestion is swallowing air. Chew your food, don't gulp it down. Enjoy what you're eating. And instead of drinking a lot during your meal, drink after or before your meal because your food will not be digested properly if you drink while eating.

Avoid gassy drinks. 

I don't drink any soft drinks and I rarely drink sparkly water. I personally don't like the taste, and it'll blow up your stomach, which is what causes you to burp.

Stay hydrated. 

The previous 2 tips do not mean you're supposed to drink less, on the contrary! Staying hydrated is probably one of the most important tips I can give you. If you struggle with drinking enough water because you don't like the taste of plain water, try fruit-infused water. Personally, I haven't drunk bottled water in a while because I don't want to add to the pollution of our planet by buying plastic bottles. I drink filtered tap water using the BesserWasser filter.

Food combining. 

If you have never heard of that, I'll explain it: Your body takes different time to digest different foods. For example, beans take a long time (around 2 hours), which is why some people think they don't tolerate beans. Those people also eat fruit or other foods that take little time to be digested as a dessert. Basically, food combining means eating your foods in the right order. Now you don't have to go crazy or think eating is a science, just remember that fruit is consumed best on its own (as a mono-meal) or before a meal because fruit is the fastest digesting. 
If you don't experience any problems with eating a starch meal and drinking a banana smoothie right after, then disregard this tip. But my guess is it'll improve anyone's digestion.

Move

If you feel drained, full and bloated after eating, move. Take a walk or ride your bike. Don't fall into a coma. Moving will actually get your digestion going.

Comment below if you disagree with any of my points or have a tip I haven't mentioned!


A.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig